Join the journey
We would like to hear from you.
Types of jobs available
Financial Advisor Job Description
We are looking to hire a financial advisor to join our team. You will spend your day talking to clients about their financial objectives and risk tolerance and then recommend an appropriate financial planning strategy. To excel in this tightly regulated role you should already have the appropriate licenses and a knowledge of all the latest financial products on the market. To achieve this we will insert you in the admin team for three months so that you are exposed to these requirements. This will also allow you to learn the tools that we use for our planning and administration.
In your case, we will arrange for you to take the necessary exams and pay for them.
Financial Advisor Responsibilities:
- Essentially the following:
- Market research
- Market analysis
- Recruit and solicit clients
- Assess clients’ needs and goals
- Recommend strategies
- Execute strategies
- Monitor accounts
- Identify new opportunities
- Talking to clients to determine their expenses, income, insurance coverage, financial objectives, tax status, risk tolerance, or other information needed to develop a financial plan.
- Answering client questions about financial plans and strategies and giving financial advice.
- Advising strategies for clients in insurance and assurance coverage, investment planning, cash management and other areas to help them reach financial objectives.
- Reviewing client accounts and plans on a regular basis to understand if life or economic changes, situational concerns, or financial performance necessitate changes in their plan.
- Analyzing financial data received from clients to develop strategies for meeting clients’ financial goals.
- Preparing or interpreting financial document summaries, investment performance reports and income projections for clients.
- Implementing financial plans or referring clients to professionals who can help them.
- Managing and updating client portfolios. This is done centrally through Xplan, but needs to be confirmed.
- Contacting clients regularly to discover changes in their financial status.
- Building and maintaining your client base. This will be done internally.
- As stated in the interview, all client meetings should be held at the office.
Financial Advisor Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in business, finance or related field.
- 1-2 years of client facing experience.
- Must have current FSCA registration requirements for the job.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of investment and insurance industries.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks.
- Experience providing quality financial advice
Much of the job involves tracking data and projecting future performances of various stocks, bonds, and funds. Financial advisors need to be able to apply this analysis to the needs of their clients. Assessing those needs also involves analyzing where clients are at, where they want to be, and how much time they have to get there.
Working with clients and prospective clients one-on-one is a big part of the job. This includes good listening skills since it is vital that financial advisors thoroughly understand the goals of their clients. Public speaking also is a factor if financial advisors participate in seminars or workshops to attract new clients.
Multiple computer programs are available for tracking market data, and financial advisors need to be efficient with any or all of these. Additionally, expert proficiency with spreadsheet software such as Microsoft’s Excel is important to the job.
Clients need to be convinced that whatever advice they are getting from their financial advisor represents the best strategy for their money. It’s the financial advisor’s responsibility to be able to show clients why the advice they are giving is the best course of action.
Short Term Insurance Broker
Short Term Insurance Broker Job Description
We are looking to hire an experienced Insurance Broker to expand our client base. As an Insurance Broker, you will be responsible for selling insurance plans to new customers, up-selling plans to existing customers, and cultivating lasting relationships.
To ensure success as an Insurance Broker, you should have extensive knowledge of available insurance products, a passion for sales, and excellent interpersonal skills. A top-notch Insurance Broker creates lasting and trusting relationships with clients by finding them the best product for their needs.
Short Term Insurance Broker Responsibilities:
- Creating marketing initiatives to attract new clients.
- Meeting with potential clients to discuss their insurance needs.
- Researching all the available policy options for the client.
- Negotiating with underwriters to get the best policy at the best price.
- Presenting policy details to the client and signing the policy agreement.
- Collecting premiums.
- Processing client accounts.
- Advising clients on risk management initiatives.
- Advising clients on when and how to make a claim on their policy.
- Preparing reports for underwriters.
- Updating existing policies.
- Maintaining client relationships.
Short Term Insurance Broker Requirements:
- Proven work experience as an Insurance Broker.
- A passion for sales.
- In-depth knowledge of insurance products.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of office and accounting software.
- High-level negotiating skills.
- Attention to detail.