The objectives of FAIS
- Protect the clients who use financial services and products
- Protect the financial services industry, and
- Protect intermediaries.
How do clients benefit from FAIS?
- Protection by means of appropriate and trusted advice, integrity and transparency
- Maintaining high standards
- An effective complaints resolution mechanism
- Proper monitoring of advisers’, consultants’ and actuaries’ actions
- Record keeping of advice and communication
- Ensuring that advisers are competent.
HELFIN PRIVATE WEALTH (PTY) LTD FSB LICENSE
HELFIN RISK MANAGEMENT (PTY) LTD FSB LICENSE
MAJ PROPERTIES (PTY) LTD FSB LICENSE
The objectives of FICA
South Africa has implemented a law that is designed to combat money laundering, which is the abuse of financial systems in order to hide and/or disguise the proceeds of crime. This law is known as the Financial Intelligence Centres Act 28 of 2001, also referred to as FICA.
In terms of FICA, all accountable institutions (such as banks) have specific duties to help prevent money laundering. One of such duties is to perform a “Know-Your-Customer” (KYC) check on all customers by certain deadline dates.
The following obligations are imposed for the purpose of assisting in the identification of the proceeds of unlawful activities and combating money laundering:
- Duty to IDENTIFY and VERIFY all clients;
- Duty to RECORD all business relationships and transactions;
- Duty to REPORT Suspicious and Unusual Transactions; and
- COMPLIANCE obligations
HELFIN PRIVATE WEALTH (PTY) LTD
HELFIN RISK MANAGEMENT (PTY) LTD
MAJ PROPERTIES (PTY) LTD
ACCESS OF INFORMATION ACT
COMMISSIONER OF OATHS
Your house or buildings, vehicle, personal and business items are all a vital part of your life. If anything happens to them you can have peace of mind, knowing that you are properly protected...